Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Horse Riding


 Oh WOW! Yesterday, A wonderful life time friend invited me out to her brother's-in-law house to ride her horses. I love riding and because it's spring break I had lots of time to have some fun. Well, I mostly stuck with her older quieter horse Lacy because I'm not the best horse-woman:) Hannah, on the other hand had everything under control when it came to dealing with Glory...a part Arabian younger horse that had lots of spirit. I tried riding her for like 20 seconds and I figured out that I did not enjoy the adrenalin rush while trying to stay put in the saddle. 
Anyways, I got some awesome pictures of Hannah working with Glory. Hannah is an amazing horse trainer and she always knew what she had to do to get Glory to calm down. Over all it was an amazing day!
Okay, this was while I was trying to get Glory to cooperate. Pardon the not smiling and flippy hair-doo...Lots of wind and lots of concentration:) Thanks Hannah for getting this pic.
Trying to calm her and keep her under control. I think her Arabian streak was pumping through her blood:)

Here, Hannah is trying to get Glory to do what Hannah wants her to do and not what Glory wants to do. Kinda a stubborn horse if you ask me... but very beautiful!

 Loved this one in black and white.
 You can really see the her Arabian head in this shot.
 No animals were hurt in the making of these photos. Lol!
 Its a long story, but it took like 20 min to get these next couple of shots. No joke. I think it was worth it though Lol.

5 comments:

  1. awesome pics Sara! Adrenalin rush is right! Glory has spirit and a bunch of speed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Those are so cool! Great job! I can so relate to Glory. Remo can be quite the stubborn horse but can also give allot of energy when you least expect it. Thats when the one-rein stop comes in handy. And Sara, you are totally right. Hannah is an awesome horse person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys!!! =] I'm NOT all that great... it's the pictures that make it look that way!!!! =D I LOVE 'em Sara!!! Thank you SOOO SOOO much for coming with me and taking these TOTALLY AMAZING shots! That was SOOO much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK! Those are the most awesome pictures EVER!!!! The last three are my favorites! There's just something about an Arabian horse running, that makes my day!!! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah, I'd do anything for a free ride in the country. It was a total blast!

    ReplyDelete