Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Home Again

Hey there blog readers. I am so blessed to know the one true God. It is amazing to me that God can teach me so much through imperfect people. The last two weeks at CYIA was a blessing that cannot be explained with words. (wasn't that poetic sounding:)
The first week taught me diligence and the importance of prayer. The second week taught me that prayer can be answered with a yes, no, or later. I was able to see first hand the works of God through answered prayer. It was amazing.
There were over sixty children who came to know Christ during the five day clubs. There was a boy there that I met from Puerto Rico. He is not Puerto Rican, but his parents have been missionaries over there for the last 10+ years. Anyway, Sam (that's his name) is bilingual. And it just happened that some of the kids he taught could not speak English. The punch line is--Sam was able to lead 4 children to the Lord using his Spanish. Praise the Lord. His team was the only one that experienced language barriers. And for him, it wasn't a language barrier, because he grew up in Puerto Rico.
This is just one of the many incidents that happened at camp. Hopefully if God wills, I will be going next year. I would encourage any person to go, because it is a life changing experience. It will draw you closer to the Lord and what a wonderful thing that is. Thank you all for your prayers and support, they were greatly appreciated. And thank you to all of the girls from GBC who went along with Anna and I and supported us with prayer and encouragement. Thanks again to you all!

1 comment:

  1. I was on here not 5 minutes ago and I just got on again and WO! YOU'RE FAST! :)
    I am so happy that you have been growing in the Lord, and I know That God is searching in you and molding you into his image. I will continue to pray for you as you seek his guidence in the future.

    ReplyDelete